30th President of the United States
1923 - 1929
Vice President: Charles G. Dawes (1925-29)
Born: July 4, 1872, in Plymouth, Vermont
Died: January 5, 1933, in Northampton, Massachusetts
Education: Graduated from Amherst College (1895)
Political Party: Republican
Nickname(s): "Silent Cal"
Other Government Positions:
- Northampton, MA City Councilman, 1899
- City Solicitor, 1900-01 Clerk of Courts, 1904
- Member of Massachusetts Legislature, 1907-08
- Mayor of Northampton, MA, 1910-11
- Member of Massachusetts Legislature, 1912-15
- Lieutenant-Governor of Massachusetts, 1916-18
- Governor of Massachusetts, 1919-20
- Vice President, 1921-23 (under Harding)
Presidential Salary: $75,000
William Howard Taft, who was chief justice at the time of the second inauguration of Coolidge in 1925.
Coolidge had a trace amount of American Indian ancenstery on his mothers side.
He served as lieutenant governor of Massachusetts from 1916 to 1919 and governor of Massachusetts from 1919 to 1921.
Post a Comment
A website of Presidential Facts and Trivia