13th President of the United States
Vice President: None
Born: January 7, 1800, in Locke Township (now Summerhill), New York
Died: March 8, 1874, in Buffalo, New York
Education: No Formal Education
Political Party: Whig
Nickname(s): "The American Louis Philippe"
Other Government Positions:
Member of New York State Assembly, 1828-31
Member of U.S. House of Representatives, 1833-35
Member of U.S. House of Representatives, 1837-45 Comptroller of New York, 1847
Vice President, 1849-1850 (under Taylor)
Presidential Salary: $25,000
- First President to establish a permanent White House library.
- First President, born in the 1800s.
- First President, born after the death of a previous President (Fillmore was born 24 days after the death of George Washington).
- First President to remarry after leaving, office.
- First President to leave office while his father was alive.
He remarried in 1858 to Caroline Carmichael McIntosh.
He left office in 1853 and his father Nathaniel Fillmore died in 1863.