12th President of the United States
Vice President: Millard Fillmore
Born: November 24, 1784, near Barboursville, Virginia
Died: July 9, 1850, in Washington, D.C.
Education: No formal Education
Political Party: Whig
Nickname(s): "Old Rough and Ready"
Other Government Positions:
Presidential Salary: $25,000
- First President who had served in no prior elected office.
- First President to serve in the Mexican–American War.
- First President to take office while his party held a minority of seats in the U.S. Senate.
- First President to win an election with his party holding no majority in either house of Congress.
- First President from Kentucky.
- First President to be elected while winning the same number of states as his opponent.
- First President to win the U.S. presidential election in November.
- First President to have had a Secretary of the Interior.
- First President to be awarded the Congressional Gold Medal more than once (he was awarded it three times).